Thursday 7 February 2013

Snowy Nails

With all the snow that we have had recently I thought I would do some frosty inspired nails

I haven't been able to take many pictures cause my camera broke after i took these and I couldn't get them off plus I have had a cold and lacked the concentration to paint nails
So however delayed these are here we go...

I started off with these ice blue nails painting all my nails completely then with a make-up sponge I dabbed the end of my nails with white nail varnish to give the effect of snow or frost- this part can be kind of messy and it tends to get on the sides of your fingers if your not really careful 
Then I used my Wah Nails- White nail art pen to draw snowflakes on each of them of varying sizes
I got the inspiration for these from these amazing photos of spiders webs that i took in the snow! I loved the intricate details of them! 
After they have dried you could even add a layer of silver glitter to make them sparkle or just leave them looking frosty.


My second design incorporates the snowflakes with some snowmen 
They are actually on my sisters nails because she has really long lovely nails! :) 

I started off giving all the nails a base coat as i thought it would work better than a colour as it is quite a complex design already. The clear nails just give it an extra shine!
Next I added some silver glitter to the ends of the nails to add a frosty effect to them- and if they have just been dipped in the snow! 

To add some detail to them i decided to alternate between snowflakes (like the previous set) 
And snowmen- where I used the White nail art pen to draw the snowmen bodies and then using various colour pens- black for the eyes, nose, smile and buttons 
and then a purple or a stand out colour for the hat and scarf

They looks so cute and will look great while you are building your own snowmen! :)

1 comment: